Hero FOF
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Development of Hero FOF mod

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

To be Coded

Go down 
+3
coolguy5678
arfn24
lsapg09
7 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
lsapg09
Admin
lsapg09

To be Coded Empty
PostSubject: To be Coded   To be Coded I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 16, 2008 2:34 pm

1. Turn Select Difficulty/ Instrument Text to Art Text
2. Multiplayer option on Main Menu (Iffy on this)
3. Import Blaze's Practice BG Code
4. Import Blaze's Year Code for song.ini
5. Get Support for MP3
6. Get Support for GIF
7. Add code to use PrcticeEditor.png
8. Make Killswitch affect for Starpower notes in GH3 Like Themes Animated (Change Color to silver)
9. Make Option for "Animated" Backrounds in Options
Back to top Go down
arfn24

arfn24

To be Coded Empty
PostSubject: 3 and 4, Please   To be Coded I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 17, 2008 4:25 pm

I'll gladly do 3 and 4.
Now, which hotfix are they added in and where's the source for everything you've changed?
Back to top Go down
coolguy5678

To be Coded Empty
PostSubject: Re: To be Coded   To be Coded I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 17, 2008 5:38 pm

Isn't the multiplayer on main menu easy? Just have the multiplayer main menu option do the same as the quick play and practice, but first set the multiplayer config setting to 2-players. Then, for QP and practice, first set it to 1-player. Then remove the option from the settings menu. Not exactly pretty but it would be easy to implement.

IMO multiplayer on main menu is more important than practice on main menu.
Back to top Go down
jrdnxxhero
Admin
jrdnxxhero

To be Coded Empty
PostSubject: Re: To be Coded   To be Coded I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 17, 2008 5:42 pm

coolguy5678 wrote:
Isn't the multiplayer on main menu easy? Just have the multiplayer main menu option do the same as the quick play and practice, but first set the multiplayer config setting to 2-players. Then, for QP and practice, first set it to 1-player. Then remove the option from the settings menu. Not exactly pretty but it would be easy to implement.

IMO multiplayer on main menu is more important than practice on main menu.

yes it is easy to implant but not exactly neccessary. And neither was Practice. So what, we should add Career, Practice, Quick Play, And MultiPlayer To the Main Menu.
Back to top Go down
http://herofof.co.nr
blackfriday

blackfriday

To be Coded Empty
PostSubject: Re: To be Coded   To be Coded I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 17, 2008 5:44 pm

ok...I made an account, I wanna help arfn24 with Mac compiling.
Back to top Go down
coolguy5678

To be Coded Empty
PostSubject: Re: To be Coded   To be Coded I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 17, 2008 5:57 pm

Career on main menu won't work so well. I'm assuming you mean blazingamer's suggestion of having all songs unlocked in quick play. If you complete Tier 2 in QP and you haven't unlocked it yet in Career, then Tier 3 will be unlocked in Career but not Tier 2.

A possible method is to have a song.ini setting "unlock_completed" that defaults to 0 (False). When you complete the song in Career Mode, it is set to 1 (True) and the SongInfo is saved back to the song.ini (it would be a good idea to have more security here, like the highscores). When checking whether to make a song unlocked or not, check unlock_completed instead of the highscores. We could also make this so "End Song" in the pause menu doesn't "complete" a song.

There's a UI issue though. Right now you can tell which songs are completed easily from the song chooser, because completed songs are those with highscores. With the new system, we'd need some sort of "tick" image to display on the song chooser for songs which are completed.
Back to top Go down
blackfriday

blackfriday

To be Coded Empty
PostSubject: Re: To be Coded   To be Coded I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 17, 2008 6:32 pm

I don't like the idea of an unlock being in the song.ini. People could just go in there and change it.
Back to top Go down
coolguy5678

To be Coded Empty
PostSubject: Re: To be Coded   To be Coded I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 18, 2008 4:21 am

Exactly. "Security through obscurity" like the highscores would make things harder for stupid people. If the song is completed, unlock_completed is a hash of the notes.mid. Otherwise, it's anything else. That could work.

But really, if someone's going to cheat, we could just let them. I've never used the "unlock all" cheat in Guitar Hero games, because it feels like cheating. If someone doesn't want to play through career mode properly and they just want to cheat, there's no reason why we can't just let them. Career Mode isn't about stopping players from playing songs they haven't unlocked yet; it's about adding more "purpose" to the game. If players just want to play songs, they should just use Quick Play mode which will leave all songs unlocked.

Last edited by coolguy5678 on Fri Jul 18, 2008 11:20 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
coolguy5678

To be Coded Empty
PostSubject: Re: To be Coded   To be Coded I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 18, 2008 11:18 am

So here's what still needs to be done for career mode:

10. Career Mode option on the main menu. When normal Quick Play is chosen, all songs will be unlocked.

11. Switch from relying on highscores to tell which songs are completed to the "unlock_completed" song.ini setting explained earlier.
11.1. This should be made so it stops the End Song trick from working.
11.2. This should also be made so that turning failing off or letting Jurgen play the song also stops songs from being completed.
11.3. In Quick Play, songs can't be completed.

12. Add a "song completed" graphic to each of the themes (e.g. a tick) and display this graphic on the song chooser alongside completed songs (only in Career Mode).
Back to top Go down
jrdnxxhero
Admin
jrdnxxhero

To be Coded Empty
PostSubject: Re: To be Coded   To be Coded I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 18, 2008 11:23 am

coolguy5678 wrote:
So here's what still needs to be done for career mode:

10. Career Mode option on the main menu. When normal Quick Play is chosen, all songs will be unlocked.

11. Switch from relying on highscores to tell which songs are completed to the "unlock_completed" song.ini setting explained earlier.
11.1. This should be made so it stops the End Song trick from working.
11.2. This should also be made so that turning failing off or letting Jurgen play the song also stops songs from being completed.
11.3. In Quick Play, songs can't be completed.

12. Add a "song completed" graphic to each of the themes (e.g. a tick) and display this graphic on the song chooser alongside completed songs (only in Career Mode).

Answers

10.I can easily add Career To The Main Menu. But I might get gamexprt to do the Main Text.
11. Good Idea.
11 1. Thank God! Trying to get rid of that.
11 2. Awesomeness
11 3. That would be awesome.
12. And maybe at the end, when you beet the whole career setlist, It would play an animation, or a picture of a character Rocking Out Very Happy.
Back to top Go down
coolguy5678

To be Coded Empty
PostSubject: Re: To be Coded   To be Coded I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 18, 2008 11:37 am

An alternative to 11.1 is just to remove "End Song" from the pause menu while in career mode.

An alternative to 11.2's failing setting part is just to disregard the failing setting in Career Mode, and rename the failing setting "Failing in Quick-Play"
Back to top Go down
jrdnxxhero
Admin
jrdnxxhero

To be Coded Empty
PostSubject: Re: To be Coded   To be Coded I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 18, 2008 11:46 am

yes, I was gonna take out the End Song Feature anyway....
coolguy5678 wrote:
An alternative to 11.1 is just to remove "End Song" from the pause menu while in career mode.

An alternative to 11.2's failing setting part is just to disregard the failing setting in Career Mode, and rename the failing setting "Failing in Quick-Play"
Back to top Go down
coolguy5678

To be Coded Empty
PostSubject: Re: To be Coded   To be Coded I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 18, 2008 12:03 pm

The End Song feature is useful for testing songs that you haven't finished charting yet. After you finish the part of the song which you have charted, you have to wait for the rest of the song to play to see your accuracy. End Song is helpful there.

I say just remove it in career mode, but maybe we should just take it out completely.

Okay, I think you should write Career Mode in main menu and I'll do the rest once you've done that. Just add a menu option (we don't need to do the GFX yet) and have it so that when that's selected, a config setting is set to true/yes/1/on/whatever (global abuse, but judging by FoF's code's current state, it seems too late for all that) before moving to the song chooser. In Quick Play, Practice and Multiplayer, it's set to false/no/0/off/whatever. I'll take it from there.
Back to top Go down
jrdnxxhero
Admin
jrdnxxhero

To be Coded Empty
PostSubject: Re: To be Coded   To be Coded I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 18, 2008 12:06 pm

Okay Career Is In.

Order
------

Career
Quick Play
Practice
Settings
Quit

Anything else?
Back to top Go down
coolguy5678

To be Coded Empty
PostSubject: Re: To be Coded   To be Coded I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 18, 2008 12:18 pm

Oops, ignore the PM.

Send the code.

(and multiplayer)
Back to top Go down
jrdnxxhero
Admin
jrdnxxhero

To be Coded Empty
PostSubject: Re: To be Coded   To be Coded I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 18, 2008 12:20 pm

You want multiplayer in the Main Menu also?
Back to top Go down
coolguy5678

To be Coded Empty
PostSubject: Re: To be Coded   To be Coded I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 18, 2008 12:24 pm

Well if Practice and Career are there, Multiplayer should also. It's silly going into the settings to play 2-player.

Also, I think it'll be more complicated if you're in Career mode, with Multiplayer turned on.
Back to top Go down
jrdnxxhero
Admin
jrdnxxhero

To be Coded Empty
PostSubject: Re: To be Coded   To be Coded I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 18, 2008 12:26 pm

Ok just a second. Maybe 5 minutes
Back to top Go down
jrdnxxhero
Admin
jrdnxxhero

To be Coded Empty
PostSubject: Re: To be Coded   To be Coded I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 18, 2008 12:36 pm

http://www.mediafire.com/?mj3mndenbpm

Here's the MainMenu.py. Tell me if anything's wrong with it.
Back to top Go down
coolguy5678

To be Coded Empty
PostSubject: Re: To be Coded   To be Coded I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 18, 2008 12:57 pm

What happened to the forum's theme?

Anyway, right now the new options do the same thing. Also, for some reason, the career option goes to practice mode when the neck select is on and it goes onto normal mode with neck select off.

I can do the changes myself, though.
Back to top Go down
jrdnxxhero
Admin
jrdnxxhero

To be Coded Empty
PostSubject: Re: To be Coded   To be Coded I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 18, 2008 12:59 pm

this is the order its in.

Career, Quick play, multiplayer, practice, options, quit
Back to top Go down
coolguy5678

To be Coded Empty
PostSubject: Re: To be Coded   To be Coded I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 18, 2008 2:14 pm

I'm trying to change your MainMenu.py so that the new menu options are actually functional, and it works, but there's an annoying bug. If you select Exit to Main Menu from the in-song pause menu, then the next time you select a song, the game crashes. The log is flooded with:

(E) Socket error while sending: (10053, 'Software caused connection abort')
(E) Socket error while receiving: (10053, 'Software caused connection abort')

(why is there even socket code in FoF, anyway?)

This only happens when the neck chooser is enabled. Does anyone know why this happens? My new MainMenu.py is quite a lot different from the old one. (I haven't made any changes other than trying to make the menu options functional)

My new MainMenu.py: http://www.mediafire.com/?dywqdvhwdmr
Back to top Go down
jrdnxxhero
Admin
jrdnxxhero

To be Coded Empty
PostSubject: Re: To be Coded   To be Coded I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 18, 2008 2:17 pm

I have no idea. I never got a log error code.

btw, How is multiplayer exactly gonna work? its kind of a problem because the 2 player choice comes after you pick the song.
Back to top Go down
coolguy5678

To be Coded Empty
PostSubject: Re: To be Coded   To be Coded I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 18, 2008 2:59 pm

Multiplayer is a setting that you choose in the settings menu. I just made the multiplayer main menu option turn that setting on before continuing as normal.
Back to top Go down
jrdnxxhero
Admin
jrdnxxhero

To be Coded Empty
PostSubject: Re: To be Coded   To be Coded I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 18, 2008 3:34 pm

Ok
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

To be Coded Empty
PostSubject: Re: To be Coded   To be Coded I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

To be Coded
Page 1 of 5Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Hero FOF  :: Hero FOF :: Coding-
Jump to: