Hero FOF
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Development of Hero FOF mod

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

tiermaker - easier career making

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
coolguy5678

tiermaker - easier career making Empty
PostSubject: tiermaker - easier career making   tiermaker - easier career making I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 22, 2008 6:25 am

Here's a program that sets up all the settings for a tiered career mode, with encores. It doesn't do bonus songs, though, although it might do them later.

How to use:
* put all the songs in the tier pack into a single library (folder).
* extract the files in tiermaker.zip into this folder
* modify the tiers.txt file:
the format (example for gh3, although I don't know what the actual folder names are):
Code:
gh3_

1. Starting Out Small
raran
slowride
tdtm
hmwybs
soml

2. Your First Real Gig
bop
mq
schoolsout
soyl
barracuda

The first line is a prefix that should match your tier pack name. e.g. for Guitar Hero 2, use gh2_.

Then there must be an empty line.

Then there's the title of the first tier.

Then there's the FOLDER NAME of the tier 1 ENCORE. (the encore is always the first in the list)

Then there's the rest of the tier 1 songs.

Then another empty line.

Then the tier 2 encore.

Then the rest of the tier 2 songs.

You get the idea.

Important: THERE MUST BE AN EMPTY LINE AT THE END OF THE FILE. Otherwise the last line in the file will be ignored.

* double click the run.bat batch file (or on any platform other than Windows, find some other way to run Tier.class)

* you can now move all the files you extracted out because you don't need them any more. A titles.ini should be generated and the unlock_id and unlock_require's should be added to the song.ini's.

You now have to do the bonus songs manually.

http://www.mediafire.com/?lxm14ywqc2s

EDIT: it won't work if you don't have JRE 1.6
Back to top Go down
jrdnxxhero
Admin
jrdnxxhero

PostSubject: Re: tiermaker - easier career making   tiermaker - easier career making I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 22, 2008 1:48 pm

cool, I spent some time creating the rock band career mode the old way and finally finished it...
Back to top Go down
http://herofof.co.nr
blackfriday

blackfriday

PostSubject: Re: tiermaker - easier career making   tiermaker - easier career making I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 22, 2008 6:00 pm

Could we get someone to do this in a Mac version? I'll try using Wine with it, but doubt it'll work, because Wine isn't so good at directories.
Back to top Go down
razlo7

PostSubject: Re: tiermaker - easier career making   tiermaker - easier career making I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 23, 2008 1:50 am

hey what career modes have been done so far?
because i'd be glad to help do any! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
arfn24

arfn24

PostSubject: Re: tiermaker - easier career making   tiermaker - easier career making I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 23, 2008 9:32 am

I'm gonna do GH3 as soon as I get FOF working to test itin it.
Back to top Go down
jrdnxxhero
Admin
jrdnxxhero

PostSubject: Re: tiermaker - easier career making   tiermaker - easier career making I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 23, 2008 11:15 am

I'v Done Rock Band
Back to top Go down
razlo7

PostSubject: Re: tiermaker - easier career making   tiermaker - easier career making I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 23, 2008 9:40 pm

then i'll do GH2 =]
(and maybe GH:A afterwards... MAYBE)
Back to top Go down
jrdnxher

PostSubject: Re: tiermaker - easier career making   tiermaker - easier career making I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 23, 2008 9:43 pm

Okay
Back to top Go down
coolguy5678

PostSubject: Re: tiermaker - easier career making   tiermaker - easier career making I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 24, 2008 10:10 am

About the Mac version: the beauty of Java is that it's cross-platform. The class file I've got there will work on any OS, provided that there is a JRE. The batch file just makes it easier for Windows users to run it.
Back to top Go down
jrdnxxhero
Admin
jrdnxxhero

PostSubject: Re: tiermaker - easier career making   tiermaker - easier career making I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 24, 2008 12:01 pm

Cool, I used yoiur old method for the Rock Band Setlist
Back to top Go down
blackfriday

blackfriday

PostSubject: Re: tiermaker - easier career making   tiermaker - easier career making I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 24, 2008 7:53 pm

Doesn't work...could you make me a .exe or better yet a .app (for Mac) would that be hard to do?
Back to top Go down
jrdnxxhero
Admin
jrdnxxhero

PostSubject: Re: tiermaker - easier career making   tiermaker - easier career making I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 24, 2008 7:54 pm

blackfriday wrote:
Doesn't work...could you make me a .exe or better yet a .app (for Mac) would that be hard to do?

I found this very hard to use. btw, get on yahoo messenger blackfriday Very Happy
Back to top Go down
coolguy5678

PostSubject: Re: tiermaker - easier career making   tiermaker - easier career making I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 25, 2008 1:50 pm

It's not supposed to work by double-clicking the class file, and the batch file only works on Windows. You'll have to use a command prompt to run it in anything else.
Back to top Go down
blackfriday

blackfriday

PostSubject: Re: tiermaker - easier career making   tiermaker - easier career making I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 25, 2008 6:06 pm

and, how would I do that on Mac OS X Leopard?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: tiermaker - easier career making   tiermaker - easier career making I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

tiermaker - easier career making
Page 1 of 1