Development of Hero FOF mod

HomeHome  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Career mode for previously released song packs

Go down 
AuthorMessage
coolguy5678

Career mode for previously released song packs Empty
PostSubject: Career mode for previously released song packs   Career mode for previously released song packs I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 18, 2008 11:08 am

Since Hero FoF had the unlock system added to it, we need to make previously released song packs (including but not limited to (I love that phrase): GH1, GH2, GH80's, GH3, GH:A, RB, GH:OT?, PH1, PH2) into song packs that have the correct settings for the unlock system to work. Then we can release these with Hero FoF so people will be able to use the unlock system.

Here's the procedure:

* Add the unlock_id song.ini setting to each song:
** This is used to identify and sort songs into tiers. The songs in the song list are sorted by unlock_id.
** If you're doing GH2, you'd give the tier 1 songs an unlock_id of "gh2_1", except for the encore which would have unlock_id of "gh2_1enc". Tier 2's songs would be "gh2_2", except the tier 2 encore would be "gh2_2enc". And so on. Give the bonus songs "gh2_bonus". The "gh2_" prefix isn't necessary, but it's a good idea to avoid clashes.

* Add the unlock_require song.ini setting to each song:
** This must be the unlock_id of the songs that must be completed to unlock this.
** E.g. GH2 Tier 1 would not have an unlock_require, because it is unlocked by default. Tier 1 encore would have unlock_require of "gh2_1" because the tier 1 songs must be finished first. Tier 2 would have unlock_require of "gh2_1enc" because it is unlocked when you complete the tier 1 encore. The bonus songs should not have an unlock_require (except TTFAF, which would have "gh3_8" because you only unlock it after completing the four tier 8 songs).

* If the pack is split up into subfolders for each tier, put all the songs into one folder.
** The unlock system only works across a single library.

* Create a titles.ini file.
** This adds titles to the tiers.
** Place it in the root of the folder with the songs in it (alongside library.ini if there is one).
** The format is as follows (example for GH2):

[titles]
sections = tier1 tier2 tier3 tier4 tier5 tier6 tier7 tier8 bonus

[tier1]
name = 1. Opening Licks
unlock_id = gh2_1

[tier2]
name = 2. Amp Warmers
unlock_id = gh2_2
[bonus]
name = Bonus Songs
unlock_id = gh2_bonus

*** The "sections" setting under [titles] just identifies the names of the rest of the ini sections (sections beginning with lines with square brackets).
*** Each ini section refers to a single title.
*** The "name" setting is the text that will be placed on the title.
*** The "unlock_id" setting is the unlock_id of the songs you want the title to appear above.

* (Optional) Add the unlock_text setting to each song.
** This is a description to the user (in English) of how to unlock a song. If you leave it out, it will just say "This song is locked."
** E.g. The tier 1 encore would say "Complete the rest of Tier 1 to unlock this encore." and the tier 2 songs (but not the encore) would say "Complete the Tier 1 encore to unlock."

* Remove all the highscores from the song.ini.
** Currently, the highscores are used to determine whether a song has been completed, and if there are already highscores there, you won't have to play the songs.

* Test it.
** Go through the career mode in the latest Hero FoF and ensure that everything works as it should.
** If you can't be bothered to play a song, just play one note and select "End Song" from the pause menu. This will give you a (very low) highscore, but it'll still let you unlock the next tier (NOTE: this should probably be fixed when we release it).

* Remove the highscores again.
** You just added highscores by testing the songs, remember?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
razlo7

PostSubject: Re: Career mode for previously released song packs   Career mode for previously released song packs I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 19, 2008 4:45 am

thats just a little confusing but i'll work on the aerosmith one so the new aerosmith mod will be AMAZING! lol Cool
Back to top Go down
View user profile
coolguy5678

PostSubject: Re: Career mode for previously released song packs   Career mode for previously released song packs I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 20, 2008 2:00 pm

Wait - in GH:A, do you have to do the opening acts (non-Aerosmith songs) before unlocking the Aerosmith songs? Because then it's more complicated Sad .
Back to top Go down
View user profile
jrdnxxhero
Admin
jrdnxxhero

PostSubject: Re: Career mode for previously released song packs   Career mode for previously released song packs I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 20, 2008 2:02 pm

coolguy5678 wrote:
Wait - in GH:A, do you have to do the opening acts (non-Aerosmith songs) before unlocking the Aerosmith songs? Because then it's more complicated Sad .

yes you need to beet the 1st two in Aerosmith (non- aerosmith songs), then you get the other 2 in the tier, Then once you beet those, you get the encore
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://herofof.co.nr
coolguy5678

PostSubject: Re: Career mode for previously released song packs   Career mode for previously released song packs I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 20, 2008 2:13 pm

Okay then.

In tier 1, give the non-A songs unlock_id "gha_1a", the A non-encore songs unlock_id "gha_1b" and unlock_require "gha_1a" and the encore unlock_id "gha_1c" and unlock_require "gha_1b". Then give the tier 2 non-A songs unlock_id "gha_2a" and unlock_require "gha_1c". And so on.

(this really does demonstrate how flexible my system is, BTW)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
razlo7

PostSubject: Re: Career mode for previously released song packs   Career mode for previously released song packs I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 20, 2008 3:23 pm

then i could just change the 1 in each to a 2 for the next tier right? sounds easy enough =]
i'm also wondering something what all themes r gonna be in the mod?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
coolguy5678

PostSubject: Re: Career mode for previously released song packs   Career mode for previously released song packs I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 20, 2008 4:16 pm

Yeah.

(you think you're so cool, with the latest post in all 4 forums, don't you?)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
razlo7

PostSubject: Re: Career mode for previously released song packs   Career mode for previously released song packs I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 20, 2008 5:16 pm

coolguy5678 wrote:
Yeah.

(you think you're so cool, with the latest post in all 4 forums, don't you?)
ummm no not really...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Career mode for previously released song packs   Career mode for previously released song packs I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Career mode for previously released song packs
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Hero FOF  :: Off - Topic-
Jump to: